 CAD / 7693
  Unmatrix

Hello. I need (don't ask why) to pick the scale/rotation matrix from a dat/ldr-file into it's XYZ-Rotation/scale values. i.e. I need to get: Scaling/Rotation in the X-axis Scaling/Rotation in the Y-Axis Scaling/Rotation in the Z-axis I've seen a (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Unmatrix

(...) Hi! (...) I don't have any pseudocode, but I would like to see the program that does this. If you give me a link to the program, I'd be willing to interpret it for you. Steve (22 years ago, 9-Apr-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Lani source code released with no guarantees. Was: Unmatrix

OK, I am finally releasing the source code for my Lani application. I doubt I will finish it before Roland releases animation application. NOTES: It is Java. Source code included. No compiled apps are included. If you want to try it you will need a (...) (22 years ago, 9-Apr-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Unmatrix

(...) I think we covered this a while ago in the thread about the ldraw oblique matrix. This one has a link to some Graphics Gems source code. (URL) seems to me though that you can't really produce 3 definitive X, Y, and Z axis rotations. There (...) (22 years ago, 9-Apr-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Unmatrix

(...) My Lani project has a rotation matrix that takes the parameters x, y, z. The first thing it does is determine what rotation parameters are 0. There are 7 cases: x only y only z only x and y x and z y and z x, y, and z This is for speed. It (...) (22 years ago, 9-Apr-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Unmatrix

Thanks for the input. I'll take a look at Lani. And for Steve... heres the link: (URL) Hasse Lie "Steve Bliss" <partsref@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:u0u5bukskmrqpjh...4ax.com... (...) dat/ldr-file (...) C (...) (22 years ago, 14-Apr-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Unmatrix

And for those interested... I started making a DAT import function for AutoCAD, so that I could import them easier into 3D Studio MAX/VIZ (and do some additional work on the models to speed up the render times... for example.. remove studs that are (...) (22 years ago, 14-Apr-02, to lugnet.cad)