 CAD / 7556
OT: LEGO+Sploids+KNEX Models w/MCLAD
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Sat, 16 Mar 2002 19:52:29 GMT

I know it's off topic, but for those that didn't know, one can use LDRAW or
MLCAD to make models using Knex(R) pieces, LEGO(R), and Sploids(R).  Sploids
let one build with and interconnect LEGO and Knex.  I just ordered some
Sploids, but I noticed that the website (http://www.sploids.com) had DAT
files of the parts.  I'm still trying to figure out a way to use the sploids
effectively, but I made some test renderings of a modular space truss made
of Knex elements and it came out kinda' neat looking.  Please check it out
here : http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=13655

                                                -Xanthra47