 CAD / 7331
Re: Video Compressions (and a little Apple propaganda)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 22:21:08 GMT

New machine =
NO LEGO PURCHASE UNTIL MACHINE is pasid off...  AHAHAHAHAHAH NO LEGOs
AHAHHAAHHAHAHA

LOL!

The links are helpful, thanks.  Once last question is QUICKTIME (.mov or
.qt) the only format that is cross-platform compatiable?  If I encode an
animation with a quicktime extension and a mac user view that file.

That is what started me down this path this week.  I forget about the
minority of mac users that would see my animations.  =)

On my Mac, I can view .mov, .mpeg or .mpg (most of the time),  .raw
(RealPlayer?--most of the time), .asf (Windows Media player--most of the time),
and I was able to install the divx system extension and view your .avi's.  The
quality of the .avi on the Mac is proportional to my processor speed though.
Which means that it was really bad because I didn't want to install the beta
divx extension on any of my real Macs (the fast ones).

And when I say "most of the time", I mean, I have had problems viewing that
format.  Usually it is "special" stuff that breaks the files.  For example, some
of the content on DVD's (for example: Star Wars: Episode I) does not work on the
Mac because it is "special", meaning "special" for Windows.

Also, the QuickTime extension is .mov.  I have never seen ".qt".

Oh, and I should clarify: I don't dislike the PC. I dislike Bill Gates' ability,
determination, and habit of destroying the competition.  Other than that, the PC
is just another computer (I grew up in the day when there were multitudes of
platforms and I used Commodores).

James