 CAD / 7116
Re: animation help
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 07:11:32 GMT

What does your INI file look like.  To do animations POV needs an INI file
giving it number of frames to render, clock values, file size, and file format.

This is from the tutorial that will be on ldraw soon.  This is what an ini
file should look like for aniamtions.  The defualt ini file in pov is
QUCKERS.ini which DOES NOT have animation capabilities.   ';' are comment lines.

; Persistence Of Vision raytracer version 3.1
; Lego Aniamtion 102 - Movement in Outer Space
; By Ahui Herrera   http://jedi_agh.tripod.com
;

Input_File_Name=YWing.pov

; Number of Frames to create
; 2 sec x 30 frames per seocnd = 60 frames
; This will create 60 images
Initial_Frame=1
Final_Frame= 60

;Subset_Start_Frame = 60
;Subset_End_Frame = 60

; clock variable for Mini-Animation 1 & 3
; this lets pov know what clock values to use.  It will start at 0 and
; then do 0 + 700/60, 0 + (700/60) + (700/60), etc...
Initial_Clock= 0
Final_Clock= 700

; Output Image Size
Width=320
Height=240

Output_File_Type=N
; T - Uncompressed Tar 24-bit File
; N - New PNG (portable network graphics) format
; S - System-specific such as Mac Pict or Windows BMP
; C - Compressed Targa-24 format (RLE, run length encoded)
; P - Unix PPM format

Cyclic_Animation=off
Pause_when_Done=off
Antialias=off