 CAD / 7115
Re: BrickDreams is not Dead
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 05:57:03 GMT

Tim Courtney wrote:

Its been a while - so I forget exactly what you used to make the scenes.
What did you use?  Was it LDraw-based, or something else like Anton Raves'
totally awesome POV library?

I modeled and rendered all of the scenes from scratch in Bryce 4 (now
Bryce 5). I'm not a big LEGO modeler really. I do tons of Bryce work but
only a small fraction has been LEGO. I managed to get LDraw to run once
under VirtualPC (I'm 100% Mac user), but my computers aren't
exceptionally fast and VPC bites. I wish I knew how to import LDraw
parts to Bryce (is it even possible?)....I'd do much more varied scenes
if I could, but when I have to build every new piece from scratch
polygons, it dramatically cuts down on the variety of scenes that I have
time to do.

P.S.- Nice scene, Tim. I'm using it as my desktop picture now :)

Thanks!  Though its not nearly as nice looking as the stuff you put out,
IMO. :-)

As far as that goes, it's all Bryce's doing. I have very little POV-Ray
experience (you did render the scene in POV-Ray right?), but Bryce's
environmental qualities appear to be far superior. All I did was model
the brick and toss it around with different custom environmental
settings and materials.

--

Regards

Micah J. Mabelitini