 CAD / 6778
  New Ldraw animation with Pov-Ray

Hi all, I uploaded my first experimental animation to the BrickShelf. I plan to create a little animated story with Lego objects (buildings, vehicles, minifigs etc.). This animation is only to test the technology, (lighting, camera moving, (...) (23 years ago, 26-Nov-01, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New Ldraw animation with Pov-Ray

(...) Impressive most impressive!!! I what to learn how to do that show me please, is it easy?. I really like the way you rende the lights. Did you use Pov-ray and the l3p way or Anton Rave's lib? (...) (23 years ago, 26-Nov-01, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New Ldraw animation with Pov-Ray

Hello, i just looked at Anton Raves page ( (URL) )and I am wondering if he made these parts hisself. I bet he used LDraw/L3P-basics for almost all parts and then optimized them by adding the related textures and so on. I would be a huge task to do (...) (23 years ago, 26-Nov-01, to lugnet.cad)

Hello Imre, "Imre Papp" <ipapp@geometria.hu> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:GnEp5s.HFy@lugnet.com... (...) This looks very very nice. I finally found a way too to make the glassy parts really glow ;). So i will re-render my scene and maybe add some (...) (23 years ago, 26-Nov-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray)

  RE: New Ldraw animation with Pov-Ray

(...) Anton Raves was making LEGO renderings before Lars made L3P, and even before Lutz made L2P, so I'd say I'm pretty certain he made them all in POV-Ray :) You'll notice that he uses a different coordinate system, a different scale, and a (...) (23 years ago, 26-Nov-01, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New Ldraw animation with Pov-Ray

Hello Bram, (...) Wow... ;). He should do these parts for LDraw, especially the textures. Oh .. it would be too cool if you could use REAL textures in LDraw. Life would be so much easier and many more patterned parts would be created easily. (...) I (...) (23 years ago, 26-Nov-01, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New Ldraw animation with Pov-Ray

(...) Thanks for the comments, I shortly describe what method I applied: 1. I built a model with LEdit/MLCAD, the land rover from the Canadian Mountains set (6552). (Originally I planned to submit it to the OMR, but I guess somebody already did). I (...) (23 years ago, 27-Nov-01, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New Ldraw animation with Pov-Ray

(...) I will have a serious look at your approach, since you have solved some of the problems I'm stuck with - later, when time provides. This approach differs from my current LDA project, but as I said to James Reynoyd in my latest I mail, next (...) (23 years ago, 27-Nov-01, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New Ldraw animation with Pov-Ray

(...) It has been done already! (URL) story is quite short, but it does definitively picture more than just a single moving object. On the subject of animating .DAT files and the converting to POV-Ray, or doing the animation directly in POV-Ray, I (...) (23 years ago, 27-Nov-01, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New Ldraw animation with Pov-Ray

(...) Unfortunately, the link is no longer valid. But if my memory serves me well, it was a dumpster collecting brown xmas trees. Yes, that one is cool. (...) Possibly true, but creating a universal scripting system to post-process static POV-files (...) (23 years ago, 27-Nov-01, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New Ldraw animation with Pov-Ray

(...) I'm happy to hear that Ldraw animation efforts might be joined together and create an Ldraw animation tool. In next days I try to formalize my approach to support animation tools and send to here for discussion. (...) My 14 years old son has a (...) (23 years ago, 27-Nov-01, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New Ldraw animation with Pov-Ray

(...) Great! I hate reinventeting wheels. :o) (...) Slowly, I'm getting aware of that. Therefore I have decided to quit complaining about resolutions and quality losses due to compression. (...) Hey, that's my idea! And, yes I know, a lot of other (...) (23 years ago, 27-Nov-01, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New Ldraw animation with Pov-Ray

Just wanted to say that this animation really looks great. Can't wait to see the next project you work on. -Andy Lynch ----- Original Message ----- From: "Imre Papp" <ipapp@geometria.hu> <snip> (...) (23 years ago, 27-Nov-01, to lugnet.cad)