 CAD / 6804
Re: New Ldraw animation with Pov-Ray
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 13:27:22 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Tore Eriksson writes:

I will have a serious look at your approach, since you have solved some of
the problems I'm stuck with - later, when time provides.

This approach differs from my current LDA project, but as I said to James
Reynoyd in my latest I mail, next planned LDA version will be totally
revised, using the LANI syntax (why have two different?) and will only
produce one POV file.

I'm happy to hear that Ldraw animation efforts might be joined together and
create an Ldraw animation tool.

In next days I try to formalize my approach to support animation tools and
send to here for discussion.

I wonder when the first animation with a real story, not just a walking
minifig, a moving vehicle, or light and/or camera moving around [almost]
static object will be seen... I have bounch of ideas for short slapsticks,
but will not be able to present any of them this year... :o(

My 14 years old son has a lot of idea, about the story of possible Lego
film, but we are far from the animator's and rendering capacity of Walt
Disney or Dreamworks. However we could use Datsville's streets as the
background of a lovely minifig story ;-).

Ampi

         Imre Papp
Geometria GIS Systems House
  email: ipapp@geometria.hu