 CAD / 6784
RE: New Ldraw animation with Pov-Ray
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 20:14:49 GMT

Carsten Schmitz writes:
i just looked at Anton Raves page (
http://www.antonraves.com/lego.html )and I am wondering if he
made these parts hisself. I bet he used LDraw/L3P-basics for
almost all parts and then optimized them by adding the
related textures and so on.

Anton Raves was making LEGO renderings before Lars made L3P, and even
before Lutz made L2P, so I'd say I'm pretty certain he made them all in
POV-Ray :)  You'll notice that he uses a different coordinate system, a
different scale, and a different standard for orienting parts.

I would be a huge task to do all these parts ...

Yes it would...but Anton isn't the only one who has made a raytraced
parts library from scratch.  So have Lutz Uhlman (the LGEO library) and
Paul Gyugyi (L3G0).
--Bram

PS: <plug> If you're interested in using Anton's textures in your L3P'd
files, I've created an include file that replaces the L3P colors with
textures similar to Anton's:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/bl/povscenes/legocolors.inc
</plug>

Bram Lambrecht