 CAD / 635
634  |  636
Subject:
Next version of LDAO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 23:13:38 GMT

Steve,

Earlier, I made a request for a one-button  "Inline All" feature for
LDAO.  I was wondering if this could be implemented to allow the user to
(a) inline all sub-models, (b) inline all sub-models and parts, and/or
(c) inline all sub-models and parts and primitives.

There's already a way to do option (c):  in the LDAO editor, select the
entire file and hit the inline button.  Repeat as necessary.

Thanks,
- jsproat

p.s.
For the curious, my current need:  I'm playing around with Jean-Pierre
Paris' ld2vr (at
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/paris.jean-pierre/LD2VR/ld2vr.htm), which
converts ldraw files to vrml.  Unfortunately, it only converts the file
specified on the command-line, not any sub-files.  If the entire model
were inlined down to the primitives, the output file wouldn't require a
library of files to go with it.

--
If this is paradise, I wish I had a lawnmower.

Jeremy H. Sproat - jsproat@geocities.com