 CAD / 6292
Re: Another house for datville?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 18 Aug 2001 07:56:23 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Fredrik Glöckner writes:
The way it used to work when Datsville was under construction was that
people made the houses and stuff they felt like, and then posted the
DAT files under lugnet.cad.dat.models with the name "Datsville"
somewhere in the Subject header.

Ooops. I missed that.

(Assuming that Datsville will once again go live, of course.  If it
doesn't, it can be considered static, and nobody can probably add
models to it.)

I suggest Datsville should be put on ice (what's the other figure of speech?
Put up for preservation? I can't remember...) and new
subdivisions/communities be created in a similar way, connected by road,
rail, and waterway (to Datsville, that is). We don't want to burdern Tore
more with the torture of *gasp* more added files to Datsville.mpd.  I can
almost hear his CPU wheeze all the way through my internet connection.
Anyway, the seperate towns could always later be spliced together into a
composite. (DatCounty, eh?)  Keeping Datsville (as it now stands) as the
center focal point of an extended community would be a fitting memorial to
this render-hog relic.

Go to http://www.lugnet.com/admin/plan/map/map.htm to get a good idea of
what I'm talking about.  That site/those pages are such an inspiration ***

:)

Mike