 CAD / 6299
6298  |  6300
Subject:
Another LDrawn town (Was: Another house for datville?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 19 Aug 2001 08:39:39 GMT

Mike:

Not to sound rude, but I thought the whole reason behind Tore's initiative
to reduce filesize was because these *large* model files were choking
people's compuers?

I think that is a correct interpretation.

But once Tore gets the interpreted POV-Ray file below 1 Gb,
we can start adding more buildings to the town. ;-)

I like the idea of "going west" and creating another town,
but I am not sure I like the idea of making Datsville
static. There is nothing wrong with keeping a historical
archive of how Datsville looked at various times in its
history, but I would like an opportunity to improve the one
building I have constructed for Datsville (it really needs
an improvement).

Regarding the construction of other town/villages:

* We should probably put some hills or mountains
   around the towns, so we can render them without
   having to include neighbouring towns.

* If somebody would like to create a new town,
   then it is basically just a matter of building
   a house, adding a bit of road, deciding a name,
   and inviting people to add construtions to the
   town.

Play well,

Jacob
--