 CAD / 6251
Re: Datsville Overview Map (Was: Boundary Box Utility)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 05:29:59 GMT

This is great!

An idea:  if bitmaps were created of the model from 6 directions (left,
right, bottom, top, front, back), you could texture map those to the
boundary box (inside, to make sort of a 6 point, 3 plane cross intersecting
in the center) and then render them in POVray.  This would probably render a
lot more quickly, and you could concentrate on aligning the models within a
POVray scene more so than modelling.  If you like placing models within
POVray scenes, this would allow you to fidget with alignment within the
scene without having to wait for the bulky model to render.  You could
probably position things with more exactness, kind of like crosshairs in an
image editing software, versus an arrow as a mousepointer.

Mike

In lugnet.cad, Tore Eriksson writes:
That's it for tonight. I bboxed the parts of Datsville and labelled them after their names in town.dat
http://home.swipnet.se/simlego/pix/datsvovr.gif (19 Kb)
Next step: adding *a few* key buildings to help orientation. Tomorrow...

/Tore