 CAD / 6182
    Postscript converter —Guido Heunen
   Hi I have some time to spend on my .dat to .ps program. It is going well and I will publish at the end of August a beta version. Meanwhile, I have to optimize the program. Are there special request, maybe that I can implement them in time.... Guido (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Postscript converter —Jaco van der Molen
     Wow, it's been a while Guido! But I am sure happy to hear from you. I wish you luck with the program and I am looking forward to seeing it. Right now, I do not have any special requests, I only hope that the PS format you are generating will import (...) (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Postscript converter —Jeroen de Haan
   (...) Hi Guido, I thought about doing that to, but converting 3D data in to 2D was a bit above my head, so I'm very curious how you gonna do that! Also, how you gonna fix the transparant part problem? cos I know that transparancy and PostScript (...) (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Postscript converter —Jacob Sparre Andersen
   Jeroen: (...) That's the easy part (sort of). You just multiply all points with an apropriate rotation matrix and ignores one coordinate. (okay - and then there is a lot of "what's on top" questions) (...) The only solution I have been able to come (...) (23 years ago, 5-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: Postscript converter —Jeroen de Haan
   (...) Ha, you said it your self; in 3D it is not a question of what you place when but where, in PostScript it is the other way around. I afraid you'll get very Dali/Picasso like postscript-files. You even have to mind the part-dat-files and (...) (23 years ago, 6-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: Postscript converter —Don Heyse
   Hey, with all this talk about PostScript converters I wonder if anyone would like to take a shot at completing the EPS output in ldglite? I started it once upon a time using the opengl feedback buffer to produce the transformed geometry. However the (...) (23 years ago, 6-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: Postscript converter —Jaco van der Molen
     Hmmm. Looks odd, but it is something Photoshop could not parse it as an EPS (Generic nor Photoshop) Freehand or Illustrator did not create the picture. Acrobat distiller however created a PDF file of which I posted a picture at (URL) and a good (...) (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: Postscript converter —Jacob Sparre Andersen
   Don: (...) Looks good, but I think it would be useful to reduce the file to the visible surfaces before saving it. Jacob (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: Postscript converter —Don Heyse
   (...) Yes, that's where I got stuck. If anyone knows a nice occlusion algorithm that solves this problem in vector space (without converting to raster) I could probably also use it to speed up the rest of ldglite as well. I'm hoping for an (...) (23 years ago, 9-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: Postscript converter —Jacob Sparre Andersen
   Don: (...) There is a quite useful algorithm in my big computer graphics book. It is from 1991 (or before) and I think the title simply is "Computer Graphics". The algorithm is called "space-partitioning tree" or something like that. Jacob (23 years ago, 10-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)