 CAD / Development / 6267
Re: Postscript converter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 06:22:04 GMT

Hmmm. Looks odd, but it is something
Photoshop could not parse it as an EPS (Generic nor Photoshop)
Freehand or Illustrator did not create the picture.
Acrobat distiller however created a PDF file of which I posted a picture
at
http://ucoms.novice.nl/lego/eps/epsplate.jpg

Nice and a good start.

I hope you developers find a way to create PS or EPS so we can create
yet even smoother and printable vector graphic building instructions. I
can imagine the opportunities it will bring for use in Flash, Freehand,
Illustrator and Photoshop and other graphic programs!

Looking forward to hear from anyone who is developing some PS output or
convertor.

Greetingz...

Sjaacko

Don Heyse wrote:

Hey, with all this talk about PostScript converters I wonder if
anyone would like to take a shot at completing the EPS output
in ldglite?  I started it once upon a time using the opengl feedback
buffer to produce the transformed geometry.  However the huge number
of triangles this produced discouraged me from finishing the job.

I made a sample EPS file of a 6x8 plate using this technique.  The
file is about 700K when unzipped and you can fetch it here if you're
curious.

  ldglite.sourceforge.net/ldraweps.zip

The front to back sorting doesn't work quite right, and of course
transparency isn't done yet, so I'm not sure what (if anything) this
is worth right now.  I just thought I'd throw it out there...

Don