 CAD / Development / 6287
Re: Postscript converter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 10:16:41 GMT

Don:

Yes, that's where I got stuck.  If anyone knows a nice occlusion
algorithm that solves this problem in vector space (without converting
to raster) I could probably also use it to speed up the rest of
ldglite as well.  I'm hoping for an inspiration on this problem someday
(perhaps something using an octree?) but I'm not expecting one
real soon...

There is a quite useful algorithm in my big computer
graphics book. It is from 1991 (or before) and I think the
title simply is "Computer Graphics". The algorithm is called
"space-partitioning tree" or something like that.

Jacob
--
People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause
people.