 CAD / 5748
Re: My VB DAT viewer and matrix handling
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 09:51:00 GMT

"Daniel Crichton" <danielc@helio.co.uk> wrote in message
I've got that sorted now, next on the cards is to implement hidden surface
removal - maybe I should give in and implement som OpenGL or DirectX
handling :(   I've been relying too much on API calls and not enough on
basic maths, and at my age I'm finding it hard to remember all my • University
courses (believe it or not I did a geometric modelling course, but I've
forgotten the whole lot in the past few years while wallowing in the
simplicity of database programming).

Wow, thanks to Steve's code snippet and a bit of API messing using
CreatePolygonRgn and PtInRegion I've managed to implement a simple, but
slow, z buffering system that uses average Z values for each polygon. This
weekend I'll hopefully be replacing that with something a bit quicker ;)

Dan