 CAD / 5735
Re: Macintosh LEGO CAD/LEGO Designer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.dacta
Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 07:45:07 GMT

Thanks Ben,

I was afraid that I might end up being a LUGNET guinea pig for this
software...oh well, what's another $50.00 down the tubes.

I'll be sure to post a review of LEGO Designer when I do get it, so others
might know what it's all about.

BTW, is anyone using BrickDraw3D to view .dat files? I've got it crashing
whenever I try to bring up the parts list. Also, It seems to me that if I
can move a piece of a model, it shouldn't be too hard to make my own models
from there.  I'm a designer, not a programmer, so I don't know the
nitty-gritty fo the code...but logic dictates, right?

I'm going to download LDraw tomorrow and try to do a direct port of it in
RealBasic. Someone stop me if they've tried this...

Matt

In lugnet.cad, Ben Vaughan writes:
Welcome Matthew!

Unfortunately, I don't know what the Pitsco software is like.  But, as a
fellow Mac user, I'd love to find out!

Ben

On Tue, 10 Apr 2001 17:41:22 -0600, Matthew Gerber wrote
(in message <GBLoGy.Azp@lugnet.com>):

Greetings all,

I've ordered LEGO Designer from Pitsco, and was wondering if any of you have
used it. Is it similar to LDraw, or am I just getting the old LEGO CAD in a
new package? Basically, do I opn the package when it gets here, or just send
it back unopened?

I ordered it due to the lack of a Macintosh version of LDraw, and hope to
make it do the same amazing things you all are doing. I've found LDMC, and
joined that list, and I certainly hope that some excitement can be built
around this project.

Any replies to this, my first post to these groups, is welcome.

Thanks!

Matthew Gerber