 CAD / 5742
Re: Macintosh LEGO CAD/LEGO Designer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.dacta
Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 03:25:46 GMT

Hi all,

I just received an e-mail from Pitsco telling me that development has been
delayed on the LEGO Designer product, and they want to send me the many
years old LEGO CAD on floppy disks (useless since I'm on a new G4 Cube and
have no need/desire for a floppy drive). So I don't know when I'll see
Designer. If anyone else has LEGO CAD and can give me the low-down on it
(what it does and doesn't do, if you can import or model new elements,
etc.), please let me know. Thanks!

From: "Matthew Gerber" <matthew@digitaliris.com>
Newsgroups: lugnet.cad,lugnet.dacta
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 23:41:22 GMT
Subject: Macintosh LEGO CAD/LEGO Designer

Greetings all,

I've ordered LEGO Designer from Pitsco, and was wondering if any of you have
used it. Is it similar to LDraw, or am I just getting the old LEGO CAD in a
new package? Basically, do I opn the package when it gets here, or just send
it back unopened?

I ordered it due to the lack of a Macintosh version of LDraw, and hope to
make it do the same amazing things you all are doing. I've found LDMC, and
joined that list, and I certainly hope that some excitement can be built
around this project.

Any replies to this, my first post to these groups, is welcome.

Thanks!

Matthew Gerber