 CAD / 5732
  Macintosh LEGO CAD/LEGO Designer

Greetings all, I've ordered LEGO Designer from Pitsco, and was wondering if any of you have used it. Is it similar to LDraw, or am I just getting the old LEGO CAD in a new package? Basically, do I opn the package when it gets here, or just send it (...) (23 years ago, 10-Apr-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.dacta)

  Re: Macintosh LEGO CAD/LEGO Designer

Hi all, I just received an e-mail from Pitsco telling me that development has been delayed on the LEGO Designer product, and they want to send me the many years old LEGO CAD on floppy disks (useless since I'm on a new G4 Cube and have no need/desire (...) (23 years ago, 11-Apr-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.dacta)

  Re: Macintosh LEGO CAD/LEGO Designer

Welcome Matthew! Unfortunately, I don't know what the Pitsco software is like. But, as a fellow Mac user, I'd love to find out! Ben On Tue, 10 Apr 2001 17:41:22 -0600, Matthew Gerber wrote (in message <GBLoGy.Azp@lugnet.com>): (...) (23 years ago, 11-Apr-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.dacta)

  Re: Macintosh LEGO CAD/LEGO Designer

Thanks for the info Fredrik! (...) (23 years ago, 11-Apr-01, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Macintosh LEGO CAD/LEGO Designer

Thanks Ben, I was afraid that I might end up being a LUGNET guinea pig for this software...oh well, what's another $50.00 down the tubes. I'll be sure to post a review of LEGO Designer when I do get it, so others might know what it's all about. BTW, (...) (23 years ago, 11-Apr-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.dacta)

  Re: Macintosh LEGO CAD/LEGO Designer

Matthew: (...) The source code for LDraw is not available, so you will have to make do with one of the "clones". Play well, Jacob -- (URL) (23 years ago, 11-Apr-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.dacta)

  Re: Macintosh LEGO CAD/LEGO Designer

Oops...I've poured over so many LEGO CAD related things in the last couple of days that I must have confused on thing with another. I believed LDraw WAS open source. Do you think there is a chance of giving us a crack at it? (...) (23 years ago, 11-Apr-01, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Macintosh LEGO CAD/LEGO Designer

(...) I think the chances of obtaining the source code are pretty small. In stead, you could try to go for some of the clones. As far as I know, the source code is available for ldglite, LDLITE and LEOCad. (Sorry, I don't know the proper (...) (23 years ago, 11-Apr-01, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Macintosh LEGO CAD/LEGO Designer

If you're up to it, I've been looking for a volunter to compile the current version of ldglite for the Mac ever since Erik gave it up to work on BrickDraw3D. The Mac version has been stuck at revision 0.5 for some time now... I've fixed a lot of (...) (23 years ago, 11-Apr-01, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Macintosh LEGO CAD/LEGO Designer

I just wanted to chime in here. Virtual PC is a workable solution for using MLCad on a Mac. I have been using VPC 4.0 and MLCad 1.99 on a G3/400 PowerBook, and I find it useable (much better than VPC 2.1.3). It is not going to win any speed awards, (...) (23 years ago, 29-May-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.dacta)

  Re: Macintosh LEGO CAD/LEGO Designer

Oops, I have to add to my previous comment. I am currently having problems running MLCad with VirtualPC 4.0. MLCad runs for a while and then my entire computer freezes. I will reinstall VPC and MLCad and see if that solves the problem. Chris (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.dacta)

  Re: Macintosh LEGO CAD/LEGO Designer

Just in case any one is actually reading what I am writing... MLCad works fine with VPC 4.0 as long as my PBG3 (FireWire) (AKA Pismo) is plugged in. When I run unplugged, the computer freezes after a while. I wonder if the freezing has something to (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jun-01, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Macintosh LEGO CAD/LEGO Designer

Christopher Masi wrote: OK, just in case anyone is still reading and wants to know what the problem was. The problem was with processor cycling. I vaguely remember reading that VPC recommends turning processor cycling off because processor cycling (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.cad)