 CAD / 5206
Re: Line Thickness and Antialiasing in LdGLite 0.7.3
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 20:36:22 GMT

Very cool!  I noticed two things, which could be considered problems.  One
is straight-forward, the other is not so.

The first thing is that using the -ms commandline option doesn't save any
images if there are no 0 STEP commands in the file.  I was testing with a
part file, not a model.  I assume that if a DAT contained drawing commands
after the last 0 STEP, those final drawing commands wouldn't be saved to an
image, either.

Using antialiasing with the line-width (-q and -w2), it seemed like the
rendered lines were slightly offset from the surfaces.  I haven't done
extensive testing on this issue, I'll post more when I do.

Now, is there a way to do a rendering that creates an image file, without
rendering on the screen?

Steve

In lugnet.cad, Don Heyse wrote:

LdGLite version 0.7.3 in now available.

With all the talk about line widths and antialiasing around here
lately I decided to add it to ldglite.  Heck, it only took about an
hour to make the changes.  As Lars recently proclaimed, "Hooray for
OpenGL"!

Actually I discovered a segfault introduced by my double buffered spin
mode code in the Mesa flavor of ldglite 0.7.2 and had to roll a new
release anyhow.  I guess the one linux user didn't notice the problem
during the brief lifespan of that version. ;^)  I also finally got around
to fixing a few nagging case sensitive filename problems in the L3
parser.  Lars if you're reading this, I added a few more #ifdef OPENGL
lines to the version of L3Input.cpp in l3glite.  Are we still trying to
keep that file in sync?

Get it at the mirror site:

http://www.geocities.com/dheyse

Scroll down for a sample image with antialiasing and linewidth set to 2.5.

Enjoy,

Don

(One of these days I'm gonna have to figure out why SCP to the main
site at the SourceForge no longer seems to work.)