 CAD / Development / 5830
Re: Line Thickness and Antialiasing in LdGLite 0.7.3
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 29 Dec 2000 19:01:40 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Lars C. Hassing writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Don Heyse writes:
used with the LdLite parser.  I can't think of any reason not to use stricmp

stricmp is slower, though the difference is most likely immeasurable in the big picture.

No, it is more a matter of principle, to know what you are dealing with,
to be in control of of your data - in stead of not really knowing whether
it is necessary or not.
I'll have a look at your problem when I get Linux installed again.
/Lars

"Premature optimization is the root of all evil".

Especially don't optimize away functionality!

Seriously all stricmp needs to do is pass each character through the toupper()
macro which uses a look-up table.

I've just re-written all the file-handling code for BrickDraw3D so that it
properly handles embedded paths... now it can open Jacob Sbarre Andersen's
models (the goal all this time!)

and after this discussion I'm taking a stab at line thickness! (not trivial
since BrickDraw3D doesn't *require* OpenGL, it's just one of many.)

I have serious problems with all lines being zero-thickness lines (by default)
and merging jaggedly into polygon surfaces.

(Under RayShade all the lines even disappear!)