 CAD / 5166
  Line Thickness and Antialiasing in LdGLite 0.7.3

LdGLite version 0.7.3 in now available. With all the talk about line widths and antialiasing around here lately I decided to add it to ldglite. Heck, it only took about an hour to make the changes. As Lars recently proclaimed, "Hooray for OpenGL"! (...) (24 years ago, 27-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Line Thickness and Antialiasing in LdGLite 0.7.3

Don Heyse wrote... (...) I don't understand why that should be necessary. FixDatName() should handle case-sensitivity. Are you sure platform_fixcase(Sub...tDatName); // Should NOT do this for model files. localize_path(SubPartDatName); work (...) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Line Thickness and Antialiasing in LdGLite 0.7.3

(...) Well I'm not positive anything I wrote works correctly, but I'm not sure it got to the functions mentioned above in this case. There seemed to be a bunch of special case checks for files like light.dat and primitives where the determinant is (...) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Line Thickness and Antialiasing in LdGLite 0.7.3

Don Heyse wrote... (...) I really would like to find the cause of the problem, because L3P relies on the same routines, and it does work for L3P. All filenames are internally made lowercase (FixDatName), so I don't have to worry about any following (...) (24 years ago, 29-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Line Thickness and Antialiasing in LdGLite 0.7.3

In lugnet.cad.dev, Lars C. Hassing writes: [snip] (a bunch of stuff about (...) It was on a linux system where I had copied all the DAT files from a smbmounted Windows filesystem and somehow ended up with them all in UPPERCASE. This is probably not (...) (24 years ago, 29-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Line Thickness and Antialiasing in LdGLite 0.7.3

(...) stricmp is slower, though the difference is most likely immeasurable in the big picture. No, it is more a matter of principle, to know what you are dealing with, to be in control of of your data - in stead of not really knowing whether it is (...) (24 years ago, 29-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Line Thickness and Antialiasing in LdGLite 0.7.3

(...) "Premature optimization is the root of all evil". Especially don't optimize away functionality! Seriously all stricmp needs to do is pass each character through the toupper() macro which uses a look-up table. I've just re-written all the (...) (24 years ago, 29-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Line Thickness and Antialiasing in LdGLite 0.7.3

I've tested LdGLite 0.7.3 on Linux, and the line width option worked fine! Thanks! While rendering a model with steps, I noticed that the whole image is rerendered at each step. Is this normal? I don't remember right now if the same thing happened (...) (24 years ago, 29-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Line Thickness and Antialiasing in LdGLite 0.7.3

(...) Yeah, it's been that way for a while. Perhaps forever. I've fiddled with various ways to fix it, but haven't yet come up with anything that made me happy. You can see the remnants of one such attempt inside the #ifdef IGNORE_DIRTY sections of (...) (24 years ago, 30-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Line Thickness and Antialiasing in LdGLite 0.7.3

(...) OK I confess, I took the cheap and easy fix rather than digging deeper to find the root of the problem. After further consideration I suppose the correct solution would be to run FixDatName() on all the hardcoded lowercase filenames when the (...) (24 years ago, 30-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Line Thickness and Antialiasing in LdGLite 0.7.3

Don Heyse wrote... (...) Ah, I think I understand now... You require all DAT files in Linux to be in uppercase? If you let FixDatName convert to lower case (like I do), you could modify OpenDatFile to use upper case, (if that's what you require) and (...) (24 years ago, 31-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Line Thickness and Antialiasing in LdGLite 0.7.3

(...) I understand the problems related to this. It is not a major issue with me, as I will use LdGLite (is the the correct capitalization?) mostly for explorative viewing of a complete model, not for step-by-step viewing. It may be a problem when (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jan-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Line Thickness and Antialiasing in LdGLite 0.7.3

Very cool! I noticed two things, which could be considered problems. One is straight-forward, the other is not so. The first thing is that using the -ms commandline option doesn't save any images if there are no 0 STEP commands in the file. I was (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jan-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Line Thickness and Antialiasing in LdGLite 0.7.3

(...) Yes, more details would help. For instance, which direction is the offset: Forward, Up, Down, left, right? I'll have to try it out myself some more. If I remember correctly, I think I may have gotten better results with non-whole number (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Line Thickness and Antialiasing in LdGLite 0.7.3

(...) You're right, it doesn't save a file, but it only seems to be a problem with the ldlite parser. Try copying the executable to l3glite.exe and running it, or add -l3 to the commandline to use the l3 parser for now whenever you want to use the (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)