 CAD / 5161
5160  |  5162
Special:
[DAT] (requires LDraw-compatible viewer)
Re: How wide is the neck-mark?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 08:36:17 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Franklin W. Cain writes:
In lugnet.cad, Chris Dee writes:

I have commented the neck mark area out of s\973s01.dat -
actually it is only a 1/4 cylinder.
0 Uncomment for neck mark
0 1 16 0 -4 0 4.243 0 -4.243 0 -8 0 -4.243 0 -4.243 1-4cyli.dat

Hey, Chris, are you certain about this?
The revised subfile that I copied from a previous message
on this thread has a *half*-cylinder hole
for the neck-mark, not just a *quarter*-cylinder.

Because the gap in the subfile that I copied is a half-cylinder,
I've been using a half-cylinder for the neck-marks of the torso
DAT files I've sent to Steve and posted here.

Thanks,
Franklin

I am certain that this is the way I have modified the primitive and submitted
to Steve. I have modified all the existing torsos to match, and submitted
those also.

True, the existing prmitive does use
1 24 0 -4 0 6 0 0 0 -8 0 0 0 -6 2-4cyli.dat
but I took the opportunity to change this because, IRL the neck mark is closer
to a quarter cylinder than to a half, although I dont recall posting the
revised torso to the newsgroup.

But I did _try_ to alert other authors of parts in progress, to the line that
needed to be added - in the post you refer to.

Chris