 CAD / 4995
Re: *** The best LEGO CAD software ? ***
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 05:45:39 GMT

Anders Isaksson <isaksson.etuna@REMOVEebox.tninet.se> schrieb in im
Newsbeitrag: G4DFH9.609@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.cad, Michael Lachmann writes:

Anders Isaksson <isaksson.etuna@REMOVEebox.tninet.se> schrieb in im
Newsbeitrag: G4ABu3.8D4@lugnet.com...
<SNIP>
MLCAD is the easiest to use, but on large models, it tends to be rather
slow.

HE HE HE HEEEE ....

Not much longer .... :-) I found a fantastic way to make it faster ... • realy
... first test showed up the drawing time is between 17! - 50% of the
current version (1.99R1). I don't tell anybody how I've done it yet ...

But I hope you can tell later! Perhaps other programs can use the idea • too,
and get better!

Anders Isaksson

Sure I will tell you - but before I have to complete this work ... currently
I'm trying to eleminate a side effect of this optimization which increases
the initial loading time of the model sligtly. However I think the result is
worth a efford.

Another example I can give to speak in numbers:

On my machine (Pentium II 350MHz, 128MB Ram) loading the SkyScraper model
from Brad Hamilton takes 18.747 seconds with MLCad V1.99R1 1280 * 1024
full-screen (all toolbars and other windows removed) (2.364 seconds loading,
11.767 seconds drawing, ~3 seconds for displaying the part list of the
model)

With the version I'm currently working the same thing needs 6.509 seconds
(2.403 seconds loading, 1.662 seconds drawing - remaining time for part-list
and overhead)

Michael

Michael