 CAD / 4994
Re: Wires anyone?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 23:27:31 GMT

"Fredrik Glöckner" <fredrik.glockner@bio.uio.no> wrote in message
news:m3pujpdtkq.fsf@crossblock.localdomain...
"John VanZwieten" <john_vanzwieten@email.msn.com> writes:

Has anyone tried to make the flexible electric wires that run between
the electric elements?  I have a bunch of these to do, and I'd like
to find the best (easiest/fastest/nicest looking) way to do them.

Manfred Moolhuysen made a subpart that can be used to compose a curved
electrical wire.  I believe he has submitted it for voting, but I don't
think he has posted it to the newsgroups.

I have edited LDraw-mode for Emacs to support easy inclusion of curved
electrical wire between the electrical contact parts.  I have written
a tutorial on how to use it at

http://www.math.uio.no/~fredrigl/technic/ldraw-mode/index.html#bezier

but the text in question is still commented out in the HTML file until
Manfred's subpart becomes official.  If you are HTML savvy, you can
take a look at the tutorial.

In the mean time, you can check out an example image

    http://www.math.uio.no/~fredrigl/technic/ldraw-mode/wire2.gif

The corresponding DAT file is

    http://www.math.uio.no/~fredrigl/technic/ldraw-mode/wire2.dat

but it still requires the sub part in question, so you cannot view the
above URL without it, unfortunately.

Fredrik

Well, you finally got me to go through the hassle of getting and
installing emacs and LDraw-mode (I never would have made it without your
article).

Manfred, if you see this would you do me the favor of posting or sending
me the wire part?

Also, have you done anything with fitting rubber bands around the pulleys?

-John Van