 CAD / 4999
Re: *** The best LEGO CAD software ? ***
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 15:33:10 GMT

WOW ! If ML-CAD will be faster that will be really breakthrough ! ;) It will
be SUPER !
Rene

....currently I'm trying to eleminate a side effect of this optimization
which increases the initial loading time of the model sligtly. However I
think the result is worth a efford.

Another example I can give to speak in numbers:

On my machine (Pentium II 350MHz, 128MB Ram) loading the SkyScraper model
from Brad Hamilton takes 18.747 seconds with MLCad V1.99R1 1280 * 1024
full-screen (all toolbars and other windows removed) (2.364 seconds loading,
11.767 seconds drawing, ~3 seconds for displaying the part list of the
model)

With the version I'm currently working the same thing needs 6.509 seconds
(2.403 seconds loading, 1.662 seconds drawing - remaining time for part-list
and overhead)

Michael

Michael

Stop it, Michael!  You're making me drool on myself!  This sounds so good,
I can hardly stand the wait.  It's almost as bad as the wait for Christmas!

When do you think you'll be able to incorporate this into an MLCad release?
I don't want to hurry you,  but with news of this new feature, I can't be
the only one anxious for your next version of the BEST (IMHO) free CAD
software available.

NOTE:  I didn't say LEGO CAD because I use MLCad's excellent primitive
support for lots of non-LEGO projects, too.  I should show you some of them
sometime.

To be honest, about the only feature I could really admit to wanting to see
in MLCad that ISN'T there (yet?) is to write .pov files directly from MLCad.

My wife says to hurry up and release the next version because I'm driving
her crazy.

But the most important part of this message is:

Thank you, Michael, for sharing your software with us all.

Tim Romine
AFOL for Life
enimor@earthlink.net