 CAD / 434
Re: Newbie with LDraw
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 6 Jan 1999 14:01:31 GMT

I would like to export the DAT into other CAD/3D software.
I'm specially interested in Corel Draw or TruSpace, but AutoCAD and 3D
Studio also may do.
Is there any tools that can export this?
I've found a DAT 2 POV converter, but that format is unknown.

I noticed in LeoCad v0.60 you can export to 3D Studio models - LeoCAD being
an LDraw-like program with an integrated 3D design/modeller and rendering
thing. (I've forgotten how to talk.)

Anyway, you could import LDraw models into that and export them straight to
3D Studio - not sure how well this works as I've only just downloaded v0.60!

If you were to persevere with POV-Ray - a slightly tricky freeware
ray-tracing program with excellent results - you'd do well to get hold of a
copy of L3P. There should be links to both of these programs somewhere in
this newsgroup (I don't have anything to do with them to hand right now -
sorry).

Steve
Why not visit Llegogogoch?
http://mis.fortunecity.com/lego/