 CAD / 3999
Re: Bulk processing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 17 Jun 2000 13:49:24 GMT

Steve,

This worked awesome. This is exactly what I needed. One last question though,
how do I add a command to automatically say yes everytime I am prompted for
the yes/no option for deleting files?

Thanks!

In lugnet.cad, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.cad, Jake McKee wrote:

All,

I am trying to figure out the fastest way to create images of all the parts • in
the LDRAW part library in all the colors. Please help!

I have used the command line:

c:\ldraw\ldlite\ldlite 3001.dat -MS (plus whatever color)

But hand typing in this line 1000s of times would kill me! I have created a
batch file to run them, but I still have to type in a ton of text. Can anyone
help me?

Here's another approach:

Create a file whereever you've got ldlite.exe.  Call this file onepart.bat,
and put the following commands in it:

erase c:\ldraw\bitmap\*.*
start /wait ldlite %1 -MS -C%2
move c:\ldraw\bitmap\*.* c:\ldraw\cat\%1-%2.bmp

Change 'c:\ldraw' to wherever you've got ldraw installed.  'c:\ldraw\cat'
is just the name I chose for a directory to hold the output files.  Feel
free to use a different name.

Next, create a file called allcolor.bat.  In this file, put the commands:

call onepart.bat %1 0
call onepart.bat %1 1
call onepart.bat %1 2
call onepart.bat %1 4
call onepart.bat %1 5
call onepart.bat %1 7
call onepart.bat %1 8
call onepart.bat %1 14
call onepart.bat %1 15

Notice that the numbers on the end of the line are color codes for LDraw.
Repeat the command for all the colors you want to generate (see
<http://www.ldraw.org/faq/> for a list of all the colors.

FINALLY, go to a DOS prompt.  CD to the ldlite directory.  Type this
command.

FOR %f in (c:\ldraw\parts\*.dat) DO CALL allcolor.bat %f

Watch the results, or go to lunch.  Your choice.

BTW, each set of images in a single color are going to take about 80MB on
your hard drive.  Be sure to have enough room to store all the results.

Steve