 CAD / 3273
Re: Online LCAD???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 05:47:52 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Michael Horvath writes:
Anyone interested in creating the online version of LCAD (I use that term
loosely)?  It would be cool to be able to act and interact in real time on a
server.  E.G. Take a cruise with a Harley gang through Datsville,then exit
into, for example, West Interdatsville...  or something.  City government,
real estate, all on an ever-expanding geodesic globe (ever read "Snow Crash"
by N. Stephenson?).  Everyone has a chance to get their own plot of landscape,
even rearrange the order like you would rearrange a list of files on a
harddrive.  I don't know...  I can't do it.  That's for sure!
Thought it would be cool.  : )
Mike

I didn't think about the processor power required.  It's just that I've been
playing EverQuest for a while, and I know that Lego came out with a program
where you can build and play in models (thought a combination of the two would
be great).  Great rendering is not a priotity with me (I know how time
consuming POVray can be).  And, by the way I DO have a computer to donate :)
(albeit an old 486) !
Thanks for the replies, though.  I'll check out that page...
Mike

PS Anyone thought of texture-mapping photographs of your faces onto Lego heads?
It would be funny if we could get a 'Lego' figurine of every member of LugNet
on a members' page, or something.
Thanks!