 CAD / 3236
Re: Online LCAD???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 16:59:48 GMT

Michael Horvath <mikehorvath@juno.com> wrote in message
news:FMEt5G.I2r@lugnet.com...
Anyone interested in creating the online version of LCAD (I use that term
loosely)?  It would be cool to be able to act and interact in real time on • a
server.  E.G. Take a cruise with a Harley gang through Datsville,then exit
into, for example, West Interdatsville...  or something.  City government,
real estate, all on an ever-expanding geodesic globe (ever read "Snow • Crash"
by N. Stephenson?).  Everyone has a chance to get their own plot of • landscape,
even rearrange the order like you would rearrange a list of files on a
harddrive.  I don't know...  I can't do it.  That's for sure!
Thought it would be cool.  : )
Mike

I would say this is one of the "holy grails" of LCAD.  Keven Loch has taken
the first steps with DAT Explorer, which you can find at www.brickshelf.com .
It allows you to take a virtual tour of a single building.  I'm sure we will
see further steps along this line in 2000.

Computer processing power is the greatest obstacle right now.  Maybe we could
work something out with IBM to use a slice of the "Blue Gene" computer they
are developing :)

-John Van