 CAD / 3254
Re: Online LCAD???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 23:11:44 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote:

In lugnet.cad, John VanZwieten wrote:

Computer processing power is the greatest obstacle right now.  Maybe we could
work something out with IBM to use a slice of the "Blue Gene" computer they
are developing :)

Maybe we could all donate our old computers to ldraw.org, and establish a
rendering server farm.  :)

That *might* work OK for doing a lot of renderings of small scenes, but probably
wouldn't be very helpful for big scenes.  I don't know that anyone has
parallelized (or distributized?) massive rendering tasks...

Steve

I know that there are several programs that can do paralell rendering. 3d studio max
springs to mind.

--
Jonathan Wilson
wilsonj@xoommail.com