 CAD / 3231
  Online LCAD???

Anyone interested in creating the online version of LCAD (I use that term loosely)? It would be cool to be able to act and interact in real time on a server. E.G. Take a cruise with a Harley gang through Datsville,then exit into, for example, West (...) (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Online LCAD???

Michael Horvath <mikehorvath@juno.com> wrote in message news:FMEt5G.I2r@lugnet.com... (...) a (...) Crash" (...) landscape, (...) I would say this is one of the "holy grails" of LCAD. Keven Loch has taken the first steps with DAT Explorer, which (...) (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Online LCAD???

(...) Maybe we could all donate our old computers to ldraw.org, and establish a rendering server farm. :) That *might* work OK for doing a lot of renderings of small scenes, but probably wouldn't be very helpful for big scenes. I don't know that (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Online LCAD???

(...) I know that there are several programs that can do paralell rendering. 3d studio max springs to mind. -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Online LCAD???

(...) I didn't think about the processor power required. It's just that I've been playing EverQuest for a while, and I know that Lego came out with a program where you can build and play in models (thought a combination of the two would be great). (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad)