 CAD / 3186
  does datsville need jobs?i think i have the answer

Introducing the biggest model ever built , 144 studs by 96 studs, by 21 bricks high, is my "RAILCAR MANUFACTURING FACILITY" 90% of it was done in SIMLEGO, currently 11 seporite dat files make up the whole thing (bunch of addons) homepage : (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: does datsville need jobs?i think i have the answer

Wow, that's BIG. Maybe I'll take some notes and try to model the GMLTC car shop when I am in MPLS week after next. (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Railcar manufacturing facility (Was: does datsville need jobs?i think i have the answer)

Thomas Burger: (...) Nice building. I look forward to when you get time to put some equipment inside the building. One thing though. I would like to hear how the Aerotech engineers pulled the stunt with the roof on the building. I can't see any (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: does datsville need jobs?i think i have the answer

(...) Thomas, I have a building that is real (not cad) that is @230, by 41, by 9 (studs) :) Car factory, and it is also missing all interior, and a roof. I really cannot figure out how to make a roof for it, so it is going to be a open air factory, (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: does datsville need jobs?i think i have the answer

You may want to crib from the GMLTC car shop. That building has actual roof trusses. They aren't load bearing in that building, but they could be. Most of the building is my work, but Conan came up with the truss idea and it's a doozy. It's not as (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: does datsville need jobs?i think i have the answer

(...) Actually, you are not quite there. The train modules I and the GMLTC build are 144 x 96 x 20 1/3 each and adding a single brick to the top beats yours. Also, several modules are joined together for "one model" of a landscape. For example, (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: does datsville need jobs?i think i have the answer

(...) Ouch! Where are you getting the parts for this stuff? it must cost you a fortune! -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: does datsville need jobs?i think i have the answer

(...) bricks (...) I meant, the biggest Model I ever made. (well theres that airport.. naaa) (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: does datsville need jobs?i think i have the answer

(...) fortune! (...) 25 bulk brick buckets, 139 Blue tubs and counting. I will be picking up 16 tubs a week for many months starting after Christmas. (No time to sort right now.) Mike (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: does datsville need jobs?i think i have the answer

(...) What about the large grey baseplates? -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  large vs tall things (was: Re: does datsville need jobs?i think i have the answer)

(...) Do you mean me? Eric McCarthy? The top floor of the observation tower I brought to the Baylug meeting was about 68 bricks high, with the flag about 12 above that. But there are huge Lego towers that make it into the Guiness book of world (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: large vs tall things (was: Re: does datsville need jobs?i think i have the answer)

(...) I think he meant Eric Harshbarger: (URL) don't build tall stuff, you build bendyarm stuff. :-) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)