 CAD / 317
  Re: Heavy Duty Articulated Pulling Truck

(...) <snip> This is a cool model. But it looks more like an earth mover than a conventional over the road vehicle. Also, I'm unclear where the hook goes. Have you tried giving it an earthmover (Articulated truck or scraper) back end? I went to the (...) (26 years ago, 28-Nov-98, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Heavy Duty Articulated Pulling Truck

(...) Yes, you're probably right about that. It was modeled after an articulated vehicle used to pull aircrafts at an airport. My model is a tad to long, but otherwise pretty much like the real thing. (...) Flipping the yellow crossblock on the side (...) (26 years ago, 29-Nov-98, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Heavy Duty Articulated Pulling Truck

(...) before. (...) Not really. Remember that in the largest truck they do, the cab floor is 20-30 feet off the ground. You could use Big Foot wheels with a full blown articulated suspension with rack and pinion steering and a differential and still (...) (26 years ago, 29-Nov-98, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.build)

  Re: Heavy Duty Articulated Pulling Truck

8459 Front End Loader has the articulation that required. It uses a similarly designed one for its secondary model, too. regards, Selçuk (...) (26 years ago, 30-Nov-98, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.build)

  Re: Heavy Duty Articulated Pulling Truck

(...) Yes, I agree. The set doesn't look too realistic, but it surely has a lot of playability! I've made a similar vehicle once, a trailer with raisable supporting feet and a truck with a locking mechanism, and it's really fun to play with. (...) (26 years ago, 30-Nov-98, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.build)

  Re: Heavy Duty Articulated Pulling Truck

I just happened upon the following, while getting up-to-date on my handy-dandy "Guinness World Record Holder Calendar". It's the entry for last Saturday, Nov. 28. "Largest Truck "The Terex Titan 33-19, manufactured by General Motors Corporation and (...) (26 years ago, 30-Nov-98, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.build)

  Re: Heavy Duty Articulated Pulling Truck

(...) OK, so I got the horspower wrong. That engine, no doubt, is made by the ElectroMotive Division of GM, the locomotive folks, either in LaGrange IL, or London ON. It's a bit derated, as the top end diesel engines are pushing 6000 turbocharged hp (...) (26 years ago, 1-Dec-98, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.build)