 CAD / 332
Re: Heavy Duty Articulated Pulling Truck
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.build
Date:
Tue, 1 Dec 1998 05:09:02 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote:

I just happened upon the following, while getting up-to-date on my
handy-dandy "Guinness World Record Holder Calendar".  It's the entry
for last Saturday, Nov. 28.

        "Largest Truck

        "The Terex Titan 33-19, manufactured by General Motors
        Corporation and now in operation at Westar Mine, British
        Columbia, Canada, has a loaded weight of 604.7 tons and a
        capacity of 350 tons. When tipped, its height is 56 feet.  The
        16-cylinder engine delivers 3,300 hp."

Copyright (C) 1997 by Guinness Publishing Limited.  Reproduced without
permission.

OK, so I got the horspower wrong. That engine, no doubt, is made by the
ElectroMotive Division of GM, the locomotive folks, either in LaGrange
IL, or London ON. It's a bit derated, as the top end diesel engines are
pushing 6000 turbocharged hp out of 20 cylinders these days.

But I was glad to see I hit the carrying capacity pretty close to the
mark. ;-)

- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.