 CAD / 1986
Re: Podracers Guild?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 01:13:02 GMT

Sproaticus <jsproat@geocities.com> wrote:
Mike Stanley wrote:
Which reminds me of something.  Guess what my (and my entire campus's)
latest dilemna is?
Microsoft claims we're outside the USA.  Yup, when anyone with the
utk.edu IP address tries to grab the 128-bit security update for IE4,
IE5, whatever, we're not allowed to do so.

No, you're outside the United States of Microsoft.  Its borders are just
beyond the Redmond city limits.

While that is certainly amusing (although not being able to dl the
stuff I need isn't) I'm still stumped as to why this is happening.
I've dl'ed their 128-bit stuff for a couple years now with no
problems, and this is a problem that is affecting our domain, which,
concsidering we have an entire class B and a few dozen C's, is quite a
few computers.

--
Lego Shop at Home: 800-835-4386 (USA) / 800-267-5346 (Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - A great new resource for LEGO fans worldwide