 CAD / 1981
Re: Podracers Guild?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 04:22:24 GMT

John Rudy <TJJohn12@AOL.com> wrote:
I have no clue, I only have AOL.
some sites work fine, others just come up with a stackdump error.

Hrmmmm.... have you upgraded to the latest (4.0, I think) version of
AOL?

Also, you CAN use another web browser, if you want.  My parents have
AOL 4 at home, which uses IE as the built-in browser (for a while,
anyway, until they replace it with netscape).  I choose to use
Communicator on their machine, though, because I have the 128bit
version installed just so I can do my PC Banking from their home.

Which reminds me of something.  Guess what my (and my entire campus's)
latest dilemna is?

Microsoft claims we're outside the USA.  Yup, when anyone with the
utk.edu IP address tries to grab the 128-bit security update for IE4,
IE5, whatever, we're not allowed to do so.  This is a recent problem,
but it's been going on for about a month now.

Kinda funny - our head network guy got on the horn with MS about it
and was almost immediately blown off with, "Well, that's just a
network problem on your end - you need to get your network
administrator to look into it."

I've heard other major schools and other domains have had to deal with
the same problem lately.

--
Lego Shop at Home: 800-835-4386 (USA) / 800-267-5346 (Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - A great new resource for LEGO fans worldwide