 CAD / 1966
Re: Getting a bad impression?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 00:39:29 GMT

In lugnet.cad, dnelson@ixpres.com (Doyle Nelson) writes:
I am afraid I am getting a bad impression of the CAD list designers nowdays.
[...]
I have noticed a disturbing trend lately, and attitude of "If you want it go
make it yourself! I only design things for myself, do the same!". I could be
[...]
I would hope that 1 person out there would respond and say I will design it,
Not for you, but for all to enjoy later down the road. I personally feel that
[...]

I think this may be a temporary slump due in part to at least one person who
had repeatedly asked the group for things in a tone/manner which had been
considered improper.  That person's requests often elicited quick and
sometimes harsh negative responses from several people, sometimes rubbing
off on others and changing the general attitude of the group for a while
until everyone recovers.

Don't lose hope -- nobody's trying to be rude on purpose!  Everyone is doing
CAD stuff on a purely volunteer basis in their own precious spare time.
It's important that everyone understand that their hard work ought not to be
taken for granted.  So when someone says "I need" or "Could someone make
this for me?" or "Why isn't such and such ready yet?" it's not surprising
that they're met with a bit of criticism if they don't appear totally
gracious.

--Todd