 CAD / 1886
Re: Newbie/Other 3D Programs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 27 May 1999 20:55:21 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Charles Seyferth writes:
what format does the imported object need to be in order to work
with MAX2DAT?

either a .3DX ASCII export from MAX v1.x via a plugin called "3DXExp" or a
native MAX v2.x .ASE ASCII file... so basically you *have* to be originating
in MAX, because i'm not aware of anything that exports out either of those...
you *could* import a .DXF into MAX and then export it as an ASCII file and
then convert it to .DAT via MAX2DAT... but that seems like a long way to go
and i'm not too sure how good the end result would be since that process would
incorporate a couple of generations of degradation (due to all the
importing/exporting) that i wasn't intending to come into play when i wrote
the util... not to mention you'd have to be somewhat familiar with MAX to
utilize the (limited)Type 5 optional line creation routines that MAX2DAT has