 CAD / 1882
Re: Newbie/Other 3D Programs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 27 May 1999 12:48:32 GMT

Now for the question....  Is there
anyone else here who uses "professional" 3D programs with the Ldraw
pieces?  I've come across a few that dat2dxf can't convert  Also, Is
there any way to backwards-convert pieces I model to Ldraw .dat format?
Although being a 3D beginner, I'd *love* to take a stab at some needed
pieces (Star Wars, Minifig hair).

  You might use LeoCAD to convert the parts you can't read to .3DS or .OBJ and
them use another program to convert to DXF. If you want to use 3DS Max to
create .DAT files, there's a program called MAX2DAT.

Leonardo