 CAD / 17856
Re: Problems with LDView
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 24 Sep 2011 12:21:52 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Don Heyse wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Michael Horvath wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Matija Puzar wrote:
I too am sorry for the late reply, but I hope I can help with this issue.

I experienced the same (I presume) problem with LDView "dying" while
rendering bigger models.  What I found out is that it is LPub who gives up
on LDView if it is not finished within 30 seconds (reported to Kevin a while
ago).  What I found out, though, is that LDView continues rendering in the
background and makes the step after all.  So, a dirty solution is to watch
the output folder and proceed only after you've seen that LDView has
generated the rendering.

Too bad there isn't a command-line only version of LDView for those
people who need it.

I'm pretty sure you can run LDView on the command line.  Do you mean a
command line only version of LPub?

I *know* that you can run LDView from the command line.  That is how LPub uses
LDView and ldglite as well.

Kevin