 CAD / 17826
Re: Problems with LDView
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 31 Jul 2011 22:36:13 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Miran Pris wrote:
Hi Travis,

I've tried to open it manually with LDView and that works. It happens with all
of my models that have around 3000 parts and 3 layers max (with this I mean
model-submodel-subsubmodel). I've taken a look at the activity when I try to
render a page with LPub. My available RAM keeps decreasing and right before it
zeroes I get the LDView stopped error. I've tried to use the Medium and Low
memory usage option in LDView, but it doesn't help... Same error. Could it
simply be, that I don't have enough RAM (3GB)?

Best regards,

It's possible that LDView is running out of memory.  Taking a snapshot with a
high resolution would take more memory than loading the model in the UI, but the
difference shouldn't be huge.  3000 parts is a fair number, but I wouldn't think
it would use THAT much memory.  Would you mind sending me one of your models?

--Travis