 CAD / 17706
Re: Converting LDD parts to LDraw
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 11 May 2011 04:45:44 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Lee Gaiteri wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Philippe Hurbain wrote:
No need to do the conversion for this one, it was already done in LUT program
http://www.ldraw.org/wiki/index.php/L(EGO)Draw_Parts_Page_27 (file at
http://www.holly-wood.it/tmp/LEGODraw/m6251.dat)

BTW your cat, albeit a bit sketchy, was outstanding for a hand made job!

Thanks. I had forgotten about the LUT version of that part.

With your instructions I've started on part 4505. I got the number from another
post of yours, though everyone else seems to only know it as x79. I found that
with your technique I had a problem reorienting the part (it was at a strange
angle) and repositioning it until I hit on a good idea:

<snip>

I'm not sure what to put in the history header, since this isn't from an
official LUT part release but the original data basically comes raw from LDD. Is
"Converted from LDD" good enough?

I guess it's not clear that the LUT parts *are* LDD meshes already?

An official LUT part release is also data from LDD.

     -- joshua