 CAD / 17361
Re: LPub Q's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 2010 12:33:11 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Kevin L. Clague wrote:

... snipped ...

   Hi Mike,

Nice to hear from you!

I still come up for air every once in a while!

... .snipped ...

Alas, no. Page size is global to the entire set of instructions, but PLI and model scale are not.

... snipped ...

I’ve resolved almost all of the issues I had run into but still have two I am struggling with, hopefully someone will have some ideas. I’ve posted a draft set of the instructions I am working on here:

http://www.carolinatrainbuilders.com/index.php/2010/09/early-draft-of-ctb-6600-instructions/

There is also a description of the issues I am running into but I’ll mention them again for completeness.
  1. I have a number of pages where the step number isn’t appearing and I cannot for the life of me figure out why. Is there something I should be looking for in the file to give me a hint? I must have done something without realizing it but I am not sure what to look for.
  2. The other issue I am dealing with is scaling - my Airport Shuttle is long - about 200 studs when it is all put together. This makes it hard to fit on a page. When I scale the final assembly all of the other step images scale too. I can’t seem to scale the image for just one step. Any ideas?
Any other suggestions are welcome.

Last question - is there a way to generate a complete BOM image for all of the parts needed to build the model and add a BOM page at the end?

Thanks,

Mike