 CAD / 17366
Re: LPub Q's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 19 Sep 2010 17:56:59 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Kevin L. Clague wrote:

... snipped ...

Using placement features new to LPub 4 (placing callouts relative to step group), I was able to eliminate about 1/3 of your pages.

Also, LPub 4 tries to size the PLIs in step groups based on the size of the assembly step automatically if you do not have metas that specify PLI constraints. I removed a bunch of your PLI constraints (using the edit window), and this helped things pack more densely.

Another thing that LPub 4 does is automatically center step groups and assembly steps in the center of the page. If there is a single step and with callout(s) on the page, then LPub calculates the enclosing box of the assembly and callout(s) and centers it in the center of the page. It does the same thing for a page with a step group with callouts placed relative to the step group.

This way, the instructions tend to be automatically centered.

Hmmm.... I will dig into this. BOM should not be limited to back cover page (i.e. it should be placable on front cover page). It is not placable on pages with steps.

LPub will let you “Add Bill of Materials” on front or back cover pages, but not on pages with steps.

Kevin