 CAD / 17367
Re: LPub Q's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 2010 16:34:21 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
   The problem here is that the PDF library limits things to specific page sizes, *and* those page sizes are in centimeters, not inches. When you specify a size LPub finds the closest page size from this list

http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.5/qprinter.html#PaperSize-enum

that wholly encloses the page size you specified.

8.5x11 is a little smaller than its metric counterpart.

It’s true that 8.5”x11” (US letter size) is not the same size as metric A4, but the above page includes an entry for QPrinter::Letter, which is exactly 8.5”x11”, so unless that’s not supported by LPub, I don’t think that’s the problem. Remember, one inch is exactly 25.4 mm, so 8.5 inches is exactly 215.9 mm. So the fact that Qt internally use metric units shouldn’t hurt anything, as long as those metric units can at least resolve one tenth of a millimeter.

--Travis