 CAD / 17362
Re: LPub Q's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 2010 13:34:03 GMT

+ I have a number of pages where the step number isn't appearing and I cannot
  for the life of me figure out why.  Is there something I should be looking
  for in the file to give me a hint?  I must have done something without
  realizing it but I am not sure what to look for.
It doesn't help much, but it appears only on pages with a submodel used twice
(x2). Perhaps it would help to see the mpd source file?

+ The other issue I am dealing with is scaling - my Airport Shuttle is long -
  about 200 studs when it is all put together.  This makes it hard to fit on
  a page.  When I scale the final assembly all of the other step images scale
  too. I can't seem to scale the image for just one step.  Any ideas?

Right click on the model in the step where you want to reduce scale, choose
"Change scale" and choose your scale. LPub then ask if you want it to affect
this step only - choose yes. If you want the scale change to affect all
following steps, edit the source and remove "local" in !LPUB ASSEM MODEL_SCALE
statement inside the step (there may be simpler solution for that...)

Last question - is there a way to generate a complete BOM image for all of
the parts needed to build the model and add a BOM page at the end?

First you need to append a back cover page (go to last page, then edit / append
page). For some reason this command may not work the first time... Go to this
inserted page and edit / add bill of materials.

There may be only one bom page, so you'll need to reduce drasticaly scale in
configuration / bom setup

Philo