 CAD / 17319
Re: Advanced minifig animations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 15 Aug 2010 21:17:15 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Michael Horvath wrote:
On 8/8/2010 5:56 PM, Roland Melkert wrote:
I'm pretty sure you can do these kinds of things with blender

http://www.blender.org/

But it has a steep learning curve, and you'll have to create the minifig models
from scratch.

Roland

Wow, you're right! I was able to import an OBJ version of my minifig
created with LdrDat2Obj. It didn't like the 3DS version I created with
LDView for some reason, however.

I'm reading one of the tutorials on animation right now. I have a couple
of questions though:

1. Is there a way to input coordinates directly instead of always
dragging objects with the mouse?

2. Can I reuse bones and poses from one model in other models that I
create later?

3. Are there any free human models with poses and animations already set
up that I can use as a starting point so I can skip having to create
everything from scratch?

Mike

Someone has already created a rigged Lego character for use in Blender. Take a
look at the following link:
http://www.blendswap.com/3D-models/characters/lego-man-rigged/

Have fun!

Reuben