 CAD / 17315
Re: Advanced minifig animations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 8 Aug 2010 22:30:03 GMT

On 8/8/2010 11:45 AM, Michael Horvath wrote:
How about via exporting to a different format? I'm not that familiar
with 3D modeling software, but some of them support "bones" and skeletal
animation. Not sure though if there are any free ones.

I did a little research. You can create bones and poses in Daz3D Studio
and Poser. Poser 8 costs $250, but you can buy Poser 7 for $50. Daz3D
Studio is free, but you have to buy a $30 plugin to create your own
bones and poses from scratch. Otherwise you can only manipulate poses in
existing models that already contain bones.

Too bad there's no free/OSS tool. :(

Mike

A warning though: When you download the trial version of Poser 8 they
ask for your credit card number. And in my case they charged $1 to it
despite the trial version being free and the invoice showing $0.

Mike