 CAD / 16351
Re: LPub 4.0.0.3 available for test
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 10 Jul 2009 22:57:22 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Kevin L. Clague wrote:

You can only add a BOM on a cover page.  For example:

1.  Go to the last page of your instructions.
2.  Use the edit menu's "Add Cover Page" menu item in the main toolbar.
3.  Go to the next page (the newly added cover page)
4.  Use the edit menu's "Add Bill of Materials" menu item in the main toolbar.
5.  Click the BOM to get the thumb in the middle of the bottom of the BOM.
6.  Click and drag the thumb to make the BOM the same aspect ratio as the page
(it looks nicer that way).
7.  If the BOM does not fit on the page, use the "Configuration->Bill of
Materials Setup" menu item in the main toolbar.  Use the "Contents" tab to
display the scale control.
8.  Edit the scale control to reduce the size of the parts displayed in the BOM.
9.  Use the font controls to reduce the size of the instance counts and
annotations.
  a) change them in the GUI
  b) after you click OK, the fonts will look huge (LPub bug alert!)
  c) edit the font meta commands to change the size (probably 33) to something
like 8 or 9.  Don't forget you have undo.

Step 9 is the tricky part.  I've got to work on that.

Kevin

That works! I must have not "moved to" the cover page!

thanks

kurt